Articles on this Page
- 11/02/14--05:46: _Master Plan: SING M...
- 11/02/14--07:08: _AlexB Launches ORbi...
- 11/04/14--07:48: _Recording Academy P...
- 11/05/14--07:08: _Review: BIAS Deskto...
- 11/06/14--07:03: _10 Mistakes Intenti...
- 11/06/14--09:29: _NYC Event: “The Bus...
- 11/07/14--07:25: _Allen & Heath Launc...
- 11/08/14--06:35: _Lightning Boy Audio...
- 11/08/14--20:04: _Roland Announces M-...
- 11/10/14--07:09: _Able Baker: An NYC ...
- 11/11/14--12:00: _How the Emulation I...
- 11/12/14--06:53: _Tascam Announces th...
- 11/13/14--07:27: _New Pro Tools Licen...
- 11/13/14--09:57: _Hidden Hit-Makers: ...
- 11/14/14--07:53: _Essential Event: Sp...
- 11/15/14--05:42: _SSL Releases AAX Ve...
- 11/17/14--07:10: _New Room: ReAmp Rec...
- 11/18/14--06:05: _Slate Digital Launc...
- 11/19/14--07:40: _Using Multiband Com...
- 11/19/14--21:45: _Beyond the Basics: ...
- 11/02/14--05:46: Master Plan: SING Mastering — Atlanta
- 11/04/14--07:48: Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing to Honor Nile Rodgers
- 11/05/14--07:08: Review: BIAS Desktop Pro, Guitar Amp Modeler – by Gabe Lamorie
- 11/06/14--07:03: 10 Mistakes Intentionally Left In Classic Recordings
- 11/06/14--09:29: NYC Event: “The Business of Music Seminars” Debut November 13th
- 11/08/14--20:04: Roland Announces M-5000 Live Console
- 11/10/14--07:09: Able Baker: An NYC Firm Hears the New ABC’s of Music Supervision
- 11/12/14--06:53: Tascam Announces the DR-700 Audio Interface for DSLR Production
- 11/13/14--09:57: Hidden Hit-Makers: History’s Most Iconic Session Musicians
- 11/15/14--05:42: SSL Releases AAX Versions of Duende Native Plugins
- 11/17/14--07:10: New Room: ReAmp Recording Studios, Studio G – Orange County, CA
- 11/18/14--06:05: Slate Digital Launches Virtual Mix Rack – Modular Plugin System
- 11/19/14--07:40: Using Multiband Compression to Conquer Proximity Effect Issues
- 11/19/14--21:45: Beyond the Basics: A Survey of Stereo Microphone Techniques
In the Wiki for Atlanta, you see it is considered an “alpha-” or “world city”, ranking 15th among world cities and sixth in the nation with a gross domestic product of $270 billion.
These are impressive statistics, and it’s logical that … Read More
When AlexB launches a new plugin – we listen.
A studio giant is getting his due, and then some, at the GRAMMY Awards in February.
Guitar amp software has slowly been gaining popularity in the audio software industry. Considering the cost of what it actually replaces, it’s no wonder that consumers demand it.
Music isn’t perfect. It never was. And it never will be. By nature, people are flawed. Inadvertently, so is the music we create. But isn’t that what also makes it so amazing?
Indescribable, intangible moments can often be found in our favorite recordings. Call it accidental, call it happenstance, or … Read More
This changing music business calls for a new way to navigate the landscape.
A new series, “The Business of Music Seminars” (BMS) aims to make it easier for producers, engineers, artists, and entrepreneurs to know what’s happening now – and what’s coming next.
BMS will debut Thursday, November … Read More
Like Uber and coffee makers, wireless monitor mixing is something we’ll wonder how we ever lived without.
At first glance, the Flux Bender is similar to a passive Pulteq EQP-1A. So where does LBA … Read More
What Does O.H.R.C.A. Represent?“Open” “High Resolution” “Configurable… Read More
Call it an inner convergence. The latest music supervision service providers are bringing together more tools to help brands and content creators.
Adore analog? Dig digital only? Nothing blurs the audio lines like software emulations of hardware processors.
Producers and engineers who are evolving their studios now have an embarrassment of emulations available to them. These are virtual versions of classic and/or rare boxes, and we need them because the real thing … Read More
Ready to get the picture? This new recorder goes with a DSLR camera like a peanut butter and chocolate converge in a Reese’s.
The newly available licensing plan for Pro Tools users is all about the long view.
It’s complicated, and some of the details that Avid announced to the press yesterday are backdated, so this is one of those times where we’ll … Read More
A handful of documentaries released since the turn of the new century, from 2002’s Standing In the Shadows of Motown to 2013’s Muscle Shoals, have helped us put names and faces to the backing musicians that brought some of our favorite recordings to life. It can be surprising to learn … Read More
“Glyn Johns was there.” – Sir Paul McCartney
That only begins to tell the story of how important this engineer’s engineer is to recorded music. Imagine if your audio resume included The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, … Read More
The Duende plug-in collection includes:EQ & Dynamics Channel Stereo Bus Compressor Drumstrip and… Read More
Dreamin’ California? If so, Orange County is coming on strong.
Some interesting action is unfolding there, with a fresh wave of studios coming online in a market they see as overtalented and underserved. The latest is ReAmp Recording Studios, which is making a big statement about the region with … Read More
500 x 4 really adds up.
Slate Digital has an attractive equation for engineers, producers, and mixers with the Virtual Mix Rack, a modular plugin system that brings a virtual 500 series straight into the DAW.
The VMR is starting off with four tasty and authentic emulations of classic … Read More
What is the Proximity Effect?
The proximity effect describes how bass frequencies build up when a microphone is brought very close to a sound source. This effect frequently occurs when a vocalist moves around a lot while singing, varying their distance from the microphone diaphragm from phrase to phrase, or … Read More
Surround sound is becoming more ubiquitous than ever, but when it comes to music, stereo is still king. While up to 40% of American households now have surround sound systems, the penetration of stereo is high enough to consider it 100% for all practical purposes—once you take into account all … Read More