Articles on this Page
- 11/20/14--07:17: _Softube Releases So...
- 11/22/14--06:52: _Black Lion Audio An...
- 11/23/14--17:16: _Recording Studio Sw...
- 11/24/14--07:54: _Pro Sound Effects L...
- 11/25/14--08:08: _Review: Spitfire eD...
- 11/26/14--07:33: _iZotope Releases Sa...
- 11/28/14--07:25: _Grace Design Announ...
- 11/29/14--08:49: _Waves Launches OneK...
- 11/30/14--07:34: _D.W. Fearn Launches...
- 12/01/14--07:27: _Studio Strategy: Th...
- 12/02/14--06:45: _Dubspot NY EDU Sess...
- 12/03/14--11:48: _Producer David Bend...
- 12/04/14--07:01: _Review: A Practical...
- 12/05/14--06:58: _“The iPad in the Mu...
- 01/21/15--10:07: _Jazz in The Studio:...
- 01/22/15--08:24: _Hardware/Software S...
- 01/22/15--09:11: _Universal Audio Int...
- 01/22/15--10:26: _SonicScoop Wants Yo...
- 01/22/15--19:00: _Avid Announces Pro ...
- 01/24/15--08:25: _Manley Introduces F...
- 11/20/14--07:17: Softube Releases Solid State Logic XL 9000 K-Series for Console 1
- 11/22/14--06:52: Black Lion Audio Announces B12A MKII
- 11/23/14--17:16: Recording Studio Sweet Spot – 825 Records, Brooklyn (Video Tour)
- 11/25/14--08:08: Review: Spitfire eDNA01 – Earth – by Andrew Koss
- 11/26/14--07:33: iZotope Releases Sample-Based Synthesizer – Iris 2
- 11/28/14--07:25: Grace Design Announces m905 Analog-Only Stereo Reference Monitor
- 11/29/14--08:49: Waves Launches OneKnob Pumper Plugin — Instant Ducking
- 12/01/14--07:27: Studio Strategy: The Augspurger Upgrade in Quad Studios’ Q2
- 12/04/14--07:01: Review: A Practical Look at iZotope Ozone 6 – by Nick Messitte
- 12/05/14--06:58: “The iPad in the Music Studio” Published by Hal Leonard
- 01/22/15--08:24: Hardware/Software Shootout and Review: Thermionic Culture Vulture
- 01/22/15--09:11: Universal Audio Introduces Apollo Expanded Software at NAMM 2015
- 01/22/15--10:26: SonicScoop Wants You! Open Call for Contributors
- 01/24/15--08:25: Manley Introduces FORCE Mic Preamp at NAMM 2015
Console 1 is Softube’s solution for closing the analog console-DAW gap. Their system allows users to mix audio with their hardware interface that resembles a horizontally layered channel strip. The Console 1 ships with Solid State Logic’s SL 4000 E model for processing.
Mod extraordinaire Black Lion Audio has announced their B12A MKII single channel mic preamp straight out of Chicago. Their new preamp, like Black Lion’s original B12A, is based on the API 312A but introduces a few additional modifications:Upgraded Input Transformer Higher Gain Lower Noise Output Transformer Hi-Z… Read More
He’s not the hardest-working man in music — yet.
But give Matty Amendola time, and the Brooklyn producer/engineer/composer/multi-instrumentalist may yet get a share of that coveted title. There’s nothing musical he won’t do, whether it’s artist development, laying down a killer drum track, or cutting vocals at 3 AM to … Read More
Robin Hood has returned!
For those of us that love music/sound synthesis, sound designing, and electronic production, we are living in glorious times indeed. We now have a vast ocean with a plentiful bounty to fill our synthesizer appetites. Every week it seems I’m reading yet another email or news article about a new … Read More
The idea behind iZotope’s Iris software is to combine the capabilities of a sampler and modular synthesizer (see SonicScoop’s review of the original edition here). The next step for Iris 2 introduces new features like integrating similar editing tools used in iZotope’s other spectrum editing software products. Users … Read More
Colorado-based Grace Design originally developed their acclaimed m905 with included DAC – now with the audio-only version of the m905, users that already have converters can still make use of the m905 reference monitor controller. Users can upgrade to the digital version at any time.
With … Read More
A true gentleman of audio, Mr. D.W. Fearn is into heavy metal.
We talk not of his taste in music (although Black Sabbath and Meshuggah may indeed grace his home stereo), but his audio designs. The latest proof is the company’s new VT-24 Four-Channel Vacuum Tube Microphone Preamplifier.
Inspired … Read More
Evolution is supposed to happen gradually – biologically speaking, a few thousand years is a nice brisk pace for major changes to unfold.
Some elite New York City facilities are operating on a different timeline. This past February SonicScoop reported on the freshly renovated Studio Q1 at Quad Studios, … Read More
Dubspot is an online and campus-based educational foundation whose expertise lies in DJ, music and audio production. The Dubspot NY EDU Sessions are held right here in the city, hosting a variety of audio and music topics from Mobile Music Production to Publishing & Royalties.
Lucky for us, Dubspot’s … Read More
Multi-platinum producer David Bendeth (Paramore, Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, Of Mice & Men, A Day to Remember) has a big fan club here at SonicScoop (check his inspiring “Mix Analysis” and “My Go To Saturation” interviews) — and he’s just teamed up with Boz Digital Labs… Read More
Many years ago, I got a chance to sit behind a name-brand producer/engineer (no names here, only credits: One Direction, Flo Rida, Leona Lewis) and watch him mix a song for the band Augustana.
There was a bit of contention: This particular producer/engineer saw no such slash in his title; … Read More
We know what you’re thinking…a book about the iPad? But it’s not a contradiction — The iPad in the Music Studio is actually a smart multimedia tutorial, designed to quickly elevate your use of Apple’s essential tablet for serious music production.
Created … Read More
When you think of jazz music, Louis Armstrong is probably one of the first names that come to mind, and not because he stands among the genre’s best musicians, but because he was a crowd pleaser, a real people person. His song ”What a Wonderful World” is still considered to … Read More
The Culture Vulture is a unique piece of boutique hardware dedicated to adding all-valve induced harmonic distortion to sources. It was first introduced by Thermionic Culture in 1998 and has since seen a number of revised and special editions. There are currently four standard issues of the unit: The Solo … Read More
This will allow users to daisy chain up to four Apollo interfaces via Thunderbolt, and combine up to six total UAD-2 devices. At long … Read More
Do you have a lot to say about sound? Do you want to expand your professional network? Do you have insights to share with your colleagues and teach to a new generation of audio engineers? Are you looking for a good excuse to audition and review the latest and greatest … Read More
(Editor’s update: On March 23, 2015, Avid announced that Pro Tools 12 is officially available. Pricing is as follows:Pro Tools software monthly subscription (one-month license subscription with updates and support) starts at $29.99/month Pro Tools software annual upgrade plan (12 months of updates and support) starts at $199… Read More