Articles on this Page
- 10/06/14--22:01: _NYC Event: Attend t...
- 10/07/14--10:17: _Antelope Audio Intr...
- 10/08/14--08:44: _Renew Your Room Aco...
- 10/09/14--07:06: _137th AES Conventio...
- 10/09/14--08:05: _Apogee Introduces N...
- 10/09/14--11:14: _Is the Mastering En...
- 10/10/14--09:32: _137th AES Conventio...
- 10/11/14--08:58: _Chandler Limited In...
- 10/13/14--07:40: _SSL Debuts New Live...
- 10/22/14--19:23: _How is U2 Still Tog...
- 10/23/14--06:41: _Audio Post Expansio...
- 10/24/14--07:23: _Reloop Launches the...
- 10/25/14--07:13: _AMS Neve Launches G...
- 10/27/14--07:02: _New Room: Frequency...
- 10/28/14--07:16: _Review: Batch Comma...
- 10/29/14--07:26: _MOTU Announces Two ...
- 10/30/14--07:26: _Avid and Berklee On...
- 10/30/14--10:40: _The Ins and Outs of...
- 10/31/14--07:14: _iZotope Releases Oz...
- 11/01/14--07:44: _JBL Announces 7 Ser...
- 10/06/14--22:01: NYC Event: Attend the BB4 Studios Debut – Brooklyn, 10/23
- 10/07/14--10:17: Antelope Audio Introduces MP32: 32 Channels of Rack-Mount Preamps
- 10/08/14--08:44: Renew Your Room Acoustics, Part 1: Waves and Pressure
- 10/09/14--08:05: Apogee Introduces New Ensemble
- 10/09/14--11:14: Is the Mastering Engineer Still Relevant?
- 10/10/14--09:32: 137th AES Convention: RTW Mastering Tools PlugIn Makes US Debut
- 10/13/14--07:40: SSL Debuts New Live L300 Compact Console, V2.5 Software
- 10/22/14--19:23: How is U2 Still Together?
- 10/27/14--07:02: New Room: Frequency Recording – White Plains, NY
- 10/28/14--07:16: Review: Batch Commander for Pro Tools, from Slate Media Technology
- 10/30/14--07:26: Avid and Berklee Online Announce Online Bachelor Degree Program
- 10/30/14--10:40: The Ins and Outs of Licensing Recordings and Cover Songs on YouTube
- 10/31/14--07:14: iZotope Releases Ozone 6 Creative Mastering Platform
- 11/01/14--07:44: JBL Announces 7 Series Master Reference Monitors
An enticing new audio facility is set to arrive in Brooklyn. But don’t expect a low-key intro for this studio – BB4 is set to make a splash on impact.
The signal chain is designed to be open and transparent, complementing their Orion 32 converter/master clock. All 32 mic preamps are accessible through the front panel of a 2U rack unit making … Read More
The energy that we put into our listening rooms, home theaters, and professional recording studios comes in two main forms. We have waves of energy and we have rays. For purposes of this discussion and illustration, we will label all room energy that is below 300 Hz. as waves and … Read More
It’s no secret that the entertainment industry works daily with massive amounts of data. Some of those users prefer external drives, and some prefer cloud storage. Well, G-Technology, and Gobbler plan to close that gap with the announcement of their new alliance.
At the AES Show this weekend, Gobbler … Read More
Apogee Electronics has announced their new Ensemble 30×34 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac-based studios.
With this latest iteration, Apogee has completely redesigned the Ensemble, leveraging the best of their innovations from products like Symphony I/O, Duet and Quartet with the new features … Read More
Years ago, the term “Mastering Engineer” was a very literal one. The “M.E.” was simply the person responsible for creating the master copies of a recording, from which all commercial duplicates could be made.
Today, the … Read More
RTW is a software developer with nearly 50 years of combined audio software and hardware under their belt. Based out of Cologne, Germany, they are officially introducing their RTW Mastering Tools PlugIn to the US. The mastering plug-in offers a variety of metering options for precision and a variety of … Read More
There’s the music that came out of Abbey Road, and then there’s the gear. The former is available to all the world, while the latter has been a pleasure reserved for the select few.
Happily, one of the famed studio’s most desirable pieces of equipment has just gotten a … Read More
Small can be more: The Solid State Logic Live console line is the latest proof.
In U2’s 35-plus years of existence, no member has ever died, been fired, or left. The members of U2 have never gone on an “indefinite hiatus” or succumbed to splintering solo projects. On the contrary, they have performed at an extremely high level and been one of the world’s most … Read More
It was inevitable, but also curious that it took this long.
Nevertheless, the wait is over. An established Manhattan audio post facility is expanding across the East River, with audio post production company Heard City’s announcement that it will open a second facility in Brooklyn’s DUMBO neighborhood.
An official Serato accessory, this is for the DJ seeking plug and play tactile control over their effects in Serato software. Helpful for all DJs and producers looking to integrate and manage effects into their mix it … Read More
Let’s clear up what, exactly, that means for this modern-age Neve:Automation Control from any DAW DAW Communication via AES,… Read More
We salute our bravest – those tough-as-nails audio warriors who must record at any cost.
This is why we believe in rooms like Frequency Recording, a new take on founder Rich Fabrizio’s vision for a modern studio. This emerging engineer/mixer has made big strides on take two for his facility … Read More
With their Raven MTX and MTI, software/hardware developers Slate Media Technology brought state of the art multi-touch screen capabilities to the recording world in a very big way — and they are growing a fast following in recording studios and post houses.
Slate’s … Read More
24 Analog Channels + 48 Optical I/O (3 ADAT 8 channel i/o)
This massive amount of … Read More
Here comes a disruption. The world of audio education is suddenly looking like the Wild West, with new avenues of study arriving on what seems like a weekly basis.
The most recent resource is one that potential students will be … Read More
In past articles, we’ve looked at how to take control of your creative rights online, and how to monetize your music using services like YouTube’s ContentID. But what about when it’s someone else’s rights your worried about? This week, we explore how to properly license recordings and cover songs for … Read More
The new version is still focused on mastering, but through a more creative process. The newly designed interface is much more visual in feedback, complementing the improved workflow. It can also work as … Read More