- RSS Channel Showcase 6520242
- RSS Channel Showcase 5303796
- RSS Channel Showcase 5656721
- RSS Channel Showcase 6727027
Articles on this Page
- 03/26/15--03:30: _Is SXSW Worth It fo...
- 03/27/15--07:11: _iZotope Releases Oz...
- 03/28/15--07:52: _Plug & Mix Releases...
- 03/30/15--03:00: _Brooklyn Audio Post...
- 03/31/15--06:15: _PSP Releases Master...
- 04/01/15--03:00: _The Case for Digita...
- 04/02/15--06:28: _iZ Releases Radar S...
- 04/05/15--07:40: _Line 6 Now Shipping...
- 04/06/15--03:00: _Back to Basics: How...
- 04/06/15--10:09: _Brooklyn Event: Mee...
- 04/08/15--03:00: _Recreating Bird: Re...
- 04/09/15--07:35: _Review: Steinberg’s...
- 04/10/15--08:07: _Muse Research Launc...
- 04/11/15--07:39: _Solid State Logic A...
- 04/13/15--07:28: _Kaleidoscope Sound:...
- 11/20/13--18:14: _Sound Devices Intro...
- 11/20/13--18:14: _Sound Devices Intro...
- 03/28/15--07:52: Plug & Mix Releases Chainer – VST Chaining Wrapper
- 04/01/15--03:00: The Case for Digital Wireless Microphones
- 04/02/15--06:28: iZ Releases Radar Studio – Native PC + Audio Interface + More
- 04/06/15--03:00: Back to Basics: How to Improve Gain Staging In Your DAW (Video)
- 04/09/15--07:35: Review: Steinberg’s Cubase Pro 8 – By Andrew Koss
- 04/10/15--08:07: Muse Research Launches Receptor VIP2 – Hardware Plug-In Player
- 04/13/15--07:28: Kaleidoscope Sound: Evolution of the Engineer-in-Residence
Is a trip to the annual South by Southwest festival worthwhile for musicians? Judging by the fact that over 2,000 official acts, representing 53 countries, played in over 111 Austin venues this past week, it seems that many artists would say “yes”.
Ozone 6 from iZotope was launched back in October, 2014 and now officially has its first patch. Many of the feature updates for Ozone 6.1 were a result of customer feedback so users should be pleased with iZotope’s offering in the free update.
Two main features include Tube Limiting and … Read More
Plug & Mix proudly offers dozens of effects pedal VSTs that can be combined to create a wealth of signal chains. With the introduction of Chainer, users of the P&M plug-ins can now save their signal chains within Chainer.
Audio post in Brooklyn is not news anymore. Owing to the larger spaces available and the convenience, an ever-growing contingent of filmmakers and media producers want to mix sound in their borough of choice.
The original MasterQ from PSP Audioware has been around the block. Their customers loved it so much that they decided to make it even better.
Digital wireless microphones sometimes get a bad rap. Early models, especially those operating in the 2.4 GHz band, did not sound as good as analog and were beset by dropouts and interference.
Combine that with a general preference for … Read More
Announced back at AES 2014 and demoed to much acclaim at NAMM earlier this year, iZ is ready to release their Radar Studio into the wild. The PC, audio Interface, and DAW combo aims to be the all-in-one solution for not only capturing audio, but doing it in style … Read More
If a wire is good, then wireless must be better.
That’s been the prevailing fact in all the other tech we touch, so why shouldn’t it apply to our guitar (and synth) effects? Line 6 agrees wholeheartedly, hence the announcement that Firehawk FX is now available.
We first saw Firehawk … Read More
Gain Staging is an important part of dealing with audio when recording and mixing.
In this tutorial, I’ll go through some of the issues that are big red flags. If you’re needing some help with gain staging in your sessions, I’ll help you to solve them with some quick and … Read More
API is all about New York City this week.
A lot has changed in the recording industry since the 1940’s. The road from acetate masters to digital streaming has been a long one, and there are still music critics who feel that it is simply impossible to make recordings today that can deliver the same sound, feel and emotional … Read More
Presented with the opportunity to write a review about a DAW, my initial reaction was, “How can anyone cover an entire DAW in a single article?”
San Jose, CA-based Muse Research has released their second iteration of their popular Receptor VIP Plug-In player. The Receptor VIP2 comes loaded with new I/O, processor, expandable RAM and over $900 worth of onboard virtual instruments and effects.
SSL is raising the veil on a significant upgrade to two of its major consoles — meet Duality δelta and AWS δelta.
What makes these desks “Delta” is the introduction of δelta-Control (δ-Ctrl), which marks a brand new analog console automation platform for SSL. The objective of Delta — … Read More
If you want to know what New York City recording is coming to – or rather, where it’s going – cast your eyes towards the Garden State.
While Brooklyn was seen for decades as an affordable haven for audio mavens, that era appears to be coming to a quick end. … Read More
Field mixers and recorder specialists Sound Devices has introduced another addition to their portable line with the 633 Mixer, a six-input mixer with integrated 10-track recorder. Squarely aimed at the over-the-shoulder set, some highlights of this new field mixer/recorder include an ultra-portable design that houses a six input I/O with available AES42 digital input. Inputs […]
Field mixers and recorder specialists Sound Devices has introduced another addition to their portable line with the 633 Mixer, a six-input mixer with integrated 10-track recorder.
Squarely aimed at the over-the-shoulder set, some highlights of this new field mixer/recorder include an ultra-portable design that houses a six input I/O with Read more...
The post Sound Devices Intros New Portable 633 Field Mixer — 6-Input Mixer with 10-Track Recorder appeared first on SonicScoop.